Wednesday 23 December 2009

December Favourites!

Only two more sleeps till christmas! eek! :)

Another month gone, another lot of goodies tried and tested. Heres my favourite products i discovered and re-discovered this month...


First off - Front cover eye spy palette












I got this for £30 at boots, even though it said £40 on the tag! The colours are amazing. The top three rows are shimmer shadows, my favs are Powder puff - a golden peach (2nd from the left, top row), Burnt toast - rich coppery brown (to the right of Powder puff) and Taffeta blue - a gorgeous navy blue with light blue reflects (4th from the left, 3rd row).

Underneath the shimmer shadows are five matt shadows, i've not really taken to these as they're nothing special, if i'm honest!

There are also four small tubes of glitter that can be applied all over the lid or mixed with the shadowline (the black thing that looks like liquid eyeliner!) to make glittery eye liner.




Body Shop Tea tree face mask






I've been using this heavenly mask for a few weeks now and it's fast replacing my current fask mask! I found it to have a warming effect on my skin, even though it doesn't mention a warming effect on the label. It is a bit hard to wash off as if doesn't dry, but my skin feels so soft and cleansed after wards i'll let it's only con slide!



Soap & Glory Sugar crush body scrub










In scent, it sort of resembles "BIG" by LUSH. It's very limey, so if your not one for citrus scents this, isn't one for you. In winter skin gets dryed out by the cold, so it's important to invest in a good body scrub and this one is my new wonder scrub! It's a sugar scrub which means it's super gritty (which i love). It does leave a residue on the skin, but not as bad as some scrubs i've tried, and it doesnt stay sticky after your dry. Left my skin feeling soft, looking great and smelling delicious!



Rose & Co Rose petal salve







As it says on the tin, an excellent all round salve! Now don't get me wrong, i love my blistex relief cream, but i'm getting tired of it oozing out every time i take the lid off and holes appearing when i'm squeezing the last of it out. So for now i'm switching to a tinned alternative. I've been using this salve what seems like forever, it's amazing for a lip balm and a cuticle balm. It smells like roses as the name suggests but i've had a few people comment on it smelling like turkish delight :S. I'll let you make your minds up!



Lee Stafford Growth treatment mask









"A treatment for hair that never grows past a certain length" - what it says on the tub.

It's a protein based complex that fertalizes follicles, creating a healthy environment on the scalp to help hair grow and reach it's maximum potential length. I've been using it for a week and it's not made this list for it's hair growing powers (i've not been using it long enough) it's made the cut because since i've been using it my hair and scalp has honestly never looked healthier! It has that typical hair product smell, heavily perfumed and what not! You apply it in between shampoo and conditioner and leave it for five minutes. I'll keep you updated on whether or not it helps my hair grow!



and finally... Remington Spin curl







Curls whilst it drys... need i say more? I've been using this to style my hair almost every day since i got it. It's quicker than blow drying then curling and has similar results! It's only two cons - it only curls one way and it doesn't completely dry your hair (i've found leaving it for 10 minutes after will dry it out completely).


For shorter hair (like mine) it creates a messy mix of curls and waves and on longer (tried out on a friend) it creates long lovely ringlets or olsen twin-esk waves if combed out. Which is great because it's not limited to one hair type.



Hope you all have a very merry christmas and a happy new years guys :)


thankyou all so much for following!



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment