Wednesday 28 July 2010

ELF haul and review

Hello Lovelies! It's 2am and being the nocturnal animal that i am, i am no where near tired. So i'm taking the opportunity to do some much needed blogging!


About two or so weeks ago i placed a larger than i had planned order on the ELF (eyes, lips and face) website. It was larger than i planned because i wasn't aware how cheap it all is! So i guessed i might as well get a few more items.

As far as the website (www.eyeslipsface.co.uk) is concerened, i didn't find it too easy to navigate. There are just SO many products and there's three different ranges -normal elf products, mineral products and the studio line. The beauty of a lot of their products are they're multifunctional and can be used as blush, lip tint or eye shadow.

I spent around £30 and managed to accumulate 13 products, which is pretty impressive considering £30 is not even three eye shadows at MAC!








The first thing i noticed when i opening the package, was wow! They aren't as big as i thought! The Natural Radiance blushes and the All Over Colour Sticks were half the size of what i expected, but for the price i guess i couldn't complain.

The second thing i noticed, which disappointed me the most, is how some of products i recieved where dramatically different in colour to how they were advertised on the website. I perchased a blush from the studio line in "Candid Coral" and on the site it looked like a true, viberant coral. Unfortunately, it turned out to be more of a darkish pink colour. I also perchased a mineral lipstick in the shade Runway Pink, which i was expecting to be a soft, pale pink. But it turned out to be a darkish pinky nude.

Unfortunately, these are the kind of things you have to risk when buying makeup online. But even though i ended up with some products i wasn't happy with, they were rivaled by the ones i absolutely loved!

All of the All Over Colour Sticks were to die for! My favourite being "Spot Light", a champaigne colour which i'ved found great for highlighting. The second of the studio blushes i got, in "Pink Passion" lived up to the site swatch, it's an eye wateringly shocking fushia pink and incredabley pigmented. The Duo Eyeshadow in "Butter Pecan" is the perfect combo for a light, day time smokey eye and i'ved been wearing it almost every day without fail.


Now we've got the rants and praises out of the way, time for some swatches me thinks!






Corrective Concealer Palette

Honeslty? Completely useless! Couldn't get any product onto my finger or the brush, straight into the bin.






Eye Shadow Duo in Butter Pecan

And if you look closely, the scar from when i accidentally ripped my finger open on a spiked fence, nice!



>







Stuido Blush in (left and top) Candid Coral (looks corally because of the flash, believe me, it's not haha) and (right and bottom) Pink Passion







All Over Colour Sticks (left to right) Toasted, Golden Peach, Spot Light, Pink Lemonade







Natural Radiance Blusher in (left)Glow and (right) Innocence (hard to see, it's a pale pink)







I'm not joking when i say these are ridiculously packaged! They're almost impossible to get open, this is what happened on my third attempt to open it.






Mineral Lipstick in (top) Runway Pink and (bottom) Natural Nymph



I know this post was god-awefully-long but i felt strongly about the products and wanted to do an honest and in depth review. I promise my next post will be short as poss!


x

5 comments:

  1. I bought that same blush and the same thing happened to mine. I thought it was just a bad one so I bought 2 more. But they all ended up the same way. They're terribly packaged which is a shame because Glow is such a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definately recommend the Studio Warm Bronzer and Contouring Blush and Bronzing duo - they're fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a blog post about some ELF products, then I saw yours today! I love what I got, especially the studio brushes and bronzer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you reccomend the brush cleaner? I get annoyed going to the sink and washing brushes with baby shampoo every day! But the MAC ones fairly pricey! love your blog btw xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the corrective concealer too and it's awful! I love the studio blushes though xxx

    ReplyDelete